Majolica Plate Mollica Manufacture Neaples Italy Early 1900s

Code:  ANTCER0000715

not available

Majolica Plate Mollica Manufacture Neaples Italy Early 1900s

Code:  ANTCER0000715

not available
Product Details

Time:  The TWENTIETH Century - 1900

Origin:  Napoli, Campania, Italia

Material:  Majolica

Description:
A majolica plate with polychrome ornament. Brand of the manufacture (Mollica). Manufactured in Neaples, Italy, early 20th century.

Product Condition:
Object in good condition. Wear consistent with age and use.

Dimensions (cm):
Depth: 5,5
Diameter: 47,5

Additional Information

Notes historical bibliographic:
The ancient manufacture napoletana "Crumb" is founded by John Crumb, son of Pasquale already ceramist in the "Real Fabbrica Ferdinandea" and the "Giustiniani", in 1842, some of the premises of via Santa Lucia. Run by the sons of John, Cyrus, Achilles and Alexander, the manufacture becomes, at the end of the Nineteenth century, one of the most important of the south of Italy, excelling especially in the manufacture of terracotta red-figure or black-and characters featured in the round in red terracotta. In the early years of the Twentieth century, and until the end of the Thirties, the factory achieves a production of porcelain on gender Capodimonte and use for the first machining the so called "tape" and the decorations of multicoloured flowers all round in the baroque taste. In the first half of the twenties he collaborated with the manufactory, the young Giuseppe Macedonio. In 1927 the factory crumb buy some of the moulds in the production of Guido Cacciapuoti and enables the production models From the beginning of the Thirties, the management of the manufactory passed to Charles Mollica in short, it modernizes the production creating interesting works influenced by Sironi. In the Forties and Fifties come out from the factory pottery, tableware, triumphs of flowers and fruit, and resumes the processing of figures in the round in porcelain and polychrome terracotta. Starting from the early Fifties, the company renews the traditional production in the style of Capodimonte, creating new and original subjects, soon imitated by other factories operating in the area. The mark of the manufactory, and remains active until 1978, and is a letter "N" blue, crowned, used by many manufacture bells, and not only, together with the text "Breadcrumbs". It is also known a trade mark consisting of the letter "M" crowned.

Alternative proposals

It could also interest you

Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Ulteriori informazioni. OK