Large Parade Plate Cantagalli Manufacture

Code :  OGANCE0097209

800.00
Shipping for Italy: Shipping costs agreed with customer care

Calculate shipping based on zip code

Only for Italy
send

Large Parade Plate Cantagalli Manufacture

Code :  OGANCE0097209

800.00
Shipping for Italy: Shipping costs agreed with customer care

Calculate shipping based on zip code

Only for Italy
send

Product Details

Origin:  Italia

Material:  Majolica

Description:
Large parade plate in high-fired majolica ceramic and decorated in polychromy. The plate has a noble coat of arms in the center of the cable and elements adorned with acanthus leaves and naturalistic animals. Brand of the manufacture under the base.

Product Condition:
Item in good condition, with small signs of wear and evident restoration work.

Dimensions (cm):
Depth: 4
Diameter: 50

Additional Information

Notes historical bibliographic:
Manufacture owned by an ancient family of Florentine majolica makers dating back to the end of the 16th century. Since 1872 the factory has been managed by Ulisse and Romeo Cantagalli, sons of Giuseppe, who in addition to the traditional production of crockery began, in 1878, a parallel production of artistic ceramics in the ancient style. The refined technical and artistic execution of the products made launches the manufacture on the national and international market. On March 30, 1902, Ulisse Cantagalli died in Cairo and the factory passed to his wife Margareth Tod and his daughter Flavia, who entrusted the artistic direction to Mussini and the technical one to Giusti. In 1906 the factory participated in the Milan Exposition, in 1911 in the Decorative Arts exhibition in Turin and in 1925, under the artistic direction of Carlo Guerrini, in that of Paris. In 1919 among the collaborators of the company we find Antonio Maraini. Between 1919 and 1923 the ceramist, engraver and master glassmaker Guido Balsamo Stella collaborated with the factory. In 1921 the works of the "Cantagalli", including some made to a design by Guido Balsamo Stella, were presented in Stockholm at the International Exhibition of Crafts and Small Italian Industry. In 1923 the company presented its production at the First International Exhibition of Decorative Arts in Monza and at the Pesaro Exhibition of Ceramics. In 1924 "Cantagalli" hired the German ceramist Barbara Thewalt Hannasch, who remained at the factory until 1927, when she moved to Vietri. Towards the end of the 1920s, the manufacture became a joint stock company and received a large inflow of capital from the Antinori marquises. In 1932 the company opened numerous stores in Florence, Milan, Venice and Rome, and the management was entrusted to the managing director Aubrej Adams. In 1933, under the technical direction of Muller von Bazsko and the collaboration of the sculptor Dante Morozzi, he obtained the Grand Prix at the Triennale d'Arte in Milan. In 1934, under the artistic direction of Amerigo Menegatti, following the agreement signed with the ceramic entrepreneur Max Melamerson of Vietri, the company changed its name to "Società Es Exercise Manifattura Cantagalli" and two years later, from Vietri, they arrived in Florence. Guido Gambone and Vincenzo Procida who at the "Cantagalli" create some pieces of traditional Vietri, Pontian and metaphysical inspiration. The Cantagalli ceramics of the "Vietrese" period (1936 - 1940) can be recognized by the presence in the mark of an asterisk. In the same period another Vietri ceramist, Francesco Solimene, collaborated with the Florentine manufacture. In all these years the factory, which is based in Florence, first in Porta Romana and then in via Senese 17, makes use of the work of numerous artists such as Adolfo De Carolis, Eugenio Cecconi, Romano (Romeo) Dazzi, Antonio Maraini (around to 1919), Maurizio Tempestini, Gianni Vagnetti (from 1930), Benvenuto Staderini, Marcello Rossini (in the 1950s) and Marcello Fantoni. In 1940 Max Melamerson leaves the ownership of the company and the consortium "C.I.M.A." takes over. who held the title until 1948. Between the end of the forties and the beginning of the fifties, the designer Giorgio Giorgetti collaborated with the company. In the fifties he collaborated with the company, as a model maker and printer Pietro Lazzeri. For some years the property passed into the hands of Biagio Biagiotti and in 1954 the "S.C.O.M.A.F." (Società Cooperativa Operaia Maioliche Artistiche Fiorentine) which, after having transferred the headquarters of the manufacture to Sesto Fiorentino in 1962 to the premises of the former "Zipoli Caiani", manages the company until the definitive closure occurred in 1987. In some products in the brand there is also the lily, symbol of Florence.

Product availability

The product is visible at Cambiago

Immediate availability
Ready for delivery within 2 working days from ordering the product.

Alternative proposals

It could also interest you

"This site or third-party tools from this used use cookies necessary for the operation and useful to the purposes outlined in the cookie policy. More information.<\/span><\/a><\/u><\/strong>" OK